Optional Fee Package
Students that live near campus that wish to have full access to on-campus services may choose to opt in to the Optional Fee Package. The package covers activities, health, transportation, and athletic fees, and provides UF Online students with the same level of access to all services and events that are available to residential students.
- UF Orientation for Distance Students -- Students will be contacted directly to take the online orientation module.
- Distance Student Resources
- Gator Connect -- Online database of student organizations.
- Veterans and Active Duty Military -- Distance learning programs for our country’s service men and women.
Career Resource Services
- Career Resource Center -- A variety of online resources and services are available for distance education students.
(353) 392-1601; (352) 392-3810 fax
- Gator CareerLink -- Job and internship listings, career planning appointments via Skype or phone, career information and resources.
- CHOMP (Career Help fOr Major Planning) -- Online tool to use career opportunities and learn about yourself through MyPlan.
- Internships, Externships Co-ops -- Certificate programs and overview of internship/job search.
- Career Roadmaps -- Online guides that will help students explore interests
- “My World Abroad” Global Career skills -- Students can register for free using their ufl.edu email.
Volunteer and service opportunities
- Center for Leadership and Service – Distance-learning students can volunteer in a number of ways.
- U Matter, We Care -- Care-related programs and resources for students.
- GatorWell -- Online resources for self-help related to health issues.
- Counseling & Wellness Center
(352) 392-1575, fax: (352) 392-8452
- Medical Withdrawal Process -- Process to gain approval for a medical withdrawal.
- Party Safety Video – Four-minute video reviewing safe party tips.
- Recreational Sports Fitness and Training Videos -- A look at UF’s sports and fitness activities and resources.
- Apartment Locator -- Online housing locator for students living in Gainesville, FL.
- Gator Guide -- Resources and tips to successful independent living, including budgeting and safety.
- Off-Campus Commuter Student Information -- General information for occasional visitors to campus.
- Hurricane Preparedness – Four-minute video going over tips on how to students can prepare for hurricanes.
Students with Disabilities
- Disability Resource Center – Quality services for students with physical, learning, sensory, or psychology disabilities.
(352) 392-8565, email: email@example.com
- Disability Accommodations for Distance Students
- Resources for veterans – Ranging from academic and financial information to career and federal support services.