Yes, you are eligible to apply for a double major or dual degree as long as the second major is offered in UF Online (exception: Nursing students are not eligible to do dual degrees). Prospective student do not specify this during the admissions process, rather this is discussed with their academic advisor. At the time, they need to complete the appropriate form to designate the double major or dual degree. They will need to satisfy tracking requirements for both majors and be able to complete all of the coursework in a reasonable number of hours and terms. More information about double majors and dual degrees can be found here:
- What services, programs and activities can an online student at the University of Florida access?
- Most current services, programs, and activities are accessible to online students through websites or other modes of communication such as email. In addition, the University of Florida is creating programs designed specifically for online students to build community and to offer professional development opportunities. Take a look at the Resources page for more information on these programs.
- Will online students have opportunities to participate in club, extracurricular, or leadership activities?
- Online students can participate in extracurricular and leadership activities that are unique to the UF Online experience.
- Can Online Students Apply for Campus Housing?
- UF Online students are not eligible to apply for on-campus housing in the dormitories.
- Can online students access UF libraries?
- Yes. Online students have full access to all library services just like any other UF student. The Services for Distance Learning and UF Online page outlines how distance students can access and use library services and materials. Online students in the Gainesville area can use the libraries and check out materials in person.
- Can Online Students Access UF Counseling & Wellness Services?
Many free resources are available to online students through the UF Counseling and Wellness Center (CWC). To gain full access of CWC services UF Online students may purchase the Optional Fee Package.
- Since UF Online students do not pay the Activity and Services fees, they do not have automatic access to the Rec Centers. However currently enrolled UF Online students can purchase a non-fee paying student membership each semester in order to use the on-campus Rec Centers and participate in intramural sports. Students outside of the Gainesville area may also want to check out the Recreational Sports video channel, which includes “Trainer Time” and other fitness training videos.
- Will online students get to participate in Career Showcase and use the Career Connections Center?
- Yes. Online students can choose to attend Career Showcase events on campus. No matter where you are located while completing courses online, the Career Connections Center (C3) has a variety of virtual services available, including resume review and career planning. Additionally, C3 has a dedicated space within the UF Online Plaza to directly communicate with our students. The UF Career Connections Center is routinely ranked in the top five university career centers nationally.
- If online students are in Gainesville, FL, can they access on-campus resources?
- UF Online students are offered an optional fee package that provides access to several on-campus amenities, including athletics, campus dining, recreation, and health services. All students are always welcomed on campus and they are encouraged to also participate in non-fee supported activities and events.
- Can UF Online students purchase meal plans on campus?
- Yes, the same meal plans available to all students are available to UF Online students. Off-campus students may be particularly interested in the Commuter Meal Plans. Read more about the meal plans.