Now is the time to become a Gator!
You’ve taken the first step by earning your Associate of Arts (A.A.)
degree from a state college in Florida. This accomplishment puts
you ahead of the curve for a University of Florida bachelor’s degree
through UF Online.
What are the benefits of Finish@UF?
Accelerated Admissions – With Florida’s statewide course numbering system and electronic transcript delivery, in-state transfer applicants move through UF Online’s rolling admissions process quicker.
Criteria-Based Admissions – With the exception of just a few limited access majors, UF Online is able to welcome all qualified upper division transfer applicants who meet our set admissions criteria.
Guaranteed Transfer Credits – Under Florida’s statewide articulation agreement, you can seamlessly transfer 60 credits into UF Online with your A.A. degree from a Florida public college when you meet the UF Online admissions requirements.
No General Education Requirements – Your A.A. degree from a Florida public college also fulfills UF’s general education requirements, which means you can start major-specific coursework right away.
Smooth Transition – You’ll never walk alone in the Gator Nation. From day one, our team of admissions professionals will guide you through the transfer admissions process from application to admission and orientation to pre-enrollment and course registration.
Same UF Degree – As a UF Online student, you will earn the same prestigious UF degree as our on campus students. The diploma and transcripts are indistinguishable – they are identical.
Same Faculty – You earn the same UF degree because you are learning from the same world-renowned faculty who teach on campus as well as in UF Online.
A Dedicated Academic Advisor – From your first class to your last, the same academic advisor will provide personalized guidance and one-on-one support to help you achieve your academic goals.
Affordability – UF Online offers reduced tuition and fees. You’ll be able to earn the same UF degree for less!
Gator Nation Perks – As a UF Online student, you are a Gator through and through. You can join Gator Clubs, use the UF Libraries, leverage the Career Connections Center, and access a vast array of other student services. If you live in or frequent the Gainesville area and want access to campus services, the UF Online Optional Fee Package is available to all online Gators.
- What is Finish@UF?
Finish@UF is transfer pathway to the University of Florida through UF Online for individuals who have earned an Associate of Arts (A.A.) degree from a Florida public college. Students complete their A.A. degree at a Florida state college then transfer to complete their bachelor’s degree fully online through UF Online.
- Is admission to UF Online through Finish@UF guaranteed?
Admission to UF Online is not guaranteed, but criteria-based. With the exception of just a few limited access majors, UF Online is able to welcome all qualified upper division transfer applicants who meet our general and major-specific admissions requirements.
- What are UF Online’s admissions requirements for Finish@UF?
Upper division transfer applicants must meet both UF Online’s general and major-specific admissions requirements.
- First, you must earn an Associates of Arts (A.A.) degree from a Florida state college or university. You can apply to UF Online during your last semester, but you must complete the A.A. degree prior to enrolling in UF Online.
- Second, you need to meet the general admissions criteria. As a UF Online transfer applicant, you must have a cumulative 2.0 GPA in all of your college coursework, and in particular, a 2.0 GPA or higher from the last institution you attended.
- Third, you must meet the criteria for the major to which you are applying. Each UF Online major has an overall GPA requirement that you’ll need to meet, including a set of prerequisite courses that must be completed with a certain GPA. The detailed admissions criteria for competitive transfer applicants can be found on the individual degree pages of the UF Online website.
Note: All UF Online majors use the above admissions requirements for upper division transfer applicants, except limited access majors which include Nursing (RN-BSN), Communication Sciences and Disorder, and Digital Arts & Sciences. The majority of UF Online majors can admit all qualified upper-division transfer applicants, however, these three specific majors have enrollment caps. Therefore, applicants to limited access majors are reviewed as a pool and only the most competitive applicants are admitted.
- How can prospective students prepare to transfer to UF Online?
Regardless of where you are in earning your A.A., whether you’re just starting or are almost done, it’s never too early to plan ahead. We strongly recommend that students interested in transferring to UF Online research the prerequisites for their intended major early on during their A.A. degree program. This way, prerequisite courses can be incorporated into the A.A. curriculum prior to degree completion. Questions about UF Online’s admissions requirements or major-specific prerequisites should be directed to the UF Online admissions team.
- When should I apply for admission to UF Online if I am finishing my A.A. degree?
You will need to complete all of the prerequisites for your major before starting in UF Online; however, you can apply to UF Online during your last semester of enrollment for your A.A. degree. When completing your UF Online application, you will be required to note any courses in progress, including any prerequisites you are completing in your final semester.
- What if I want to transfer to UF Online before I complete my A.A. degree?
UF Online admits students at various points of their academic journey, including first time in college and lower division transfer students (students with less than 60 credits of transferable college coursework). First time in college and lower division transfer applicants are reviewed holistically and must submit high school transcripts for admissions purposes. Applicants who graduated from high school less than five years ago must also submit SAT or ACT scores for review. If you transfer to UF Online without an A.A. degree from a Florida public college, you will be required to satisfy any outstanding course to meet all of UF’s general education requirements before graduation. Please contact the UF Online admissions team for more information.
- Am I eligible for Finish@UF if I am earning my high school diploma and Associates of Arts (A.A.) degree from a public college at the same time?
Yes, however, UF Online applicants earning a high school diploma AND an A.A. degree concurrently will be considered for admission as a First Time in College (FTIC) student. A student who applies to UF Online under these conditions should be aware of the holistic review process and admissions requirements to UF Online as an FTIC applicant. If admitted, all 60 credit hours earned towards your AA degree are still guaranteed to transfer to UF Online.
- Am I eligible for Finish@UF if I complete an Associate of Science (A.S.) degree from a Florida public college?
UF Online can admit transfer students with Associate of Science (A.S) degrees, however, A.S. degrees in the state of Florida do not have the same transfer benefits as Associates of Arts (A.A) degrees. There is no guarantee of 60 transfer credits with A.S. degrees and A.S. coursework may not satisfy all of the UF general education requirements.
- How do I apply for admission to UF Online?
If you have an A.A. degree from a Florida public college, you will be classified as an upper-division transfer applicant to UF Online. The application process can be completed in three simple steps:
- Complete the UF Online application by the deadline for your desired start term.
- Pay the non-refundable $30 application fee online.
- Arrange to have your supplemental materials sent to UF, including official college transcripts from each school attended. Additionally, if they are not part of your AA transcript, we will need official scores for any college level exams that you took for credit, such as advanced placement tests. We accept electronic transcripts from Parchment, National Student Clearinghouse, and eScrip-Safe. Our school code is 001535. If you cannot send electronic transcripts or test scores, send physical copies to:
University of Florida Office of Admissions
201 Criser Hall
PO Box 114000
Gainesville, FL 32611-4000
- How can I learn more about the Finish@UF transfer pathway?
There are several ways for you to contact an UF Online Admissions Officer:
- Request information on our website and one of our admissions officers will contact you to discuss your program of interest. It is helpful if you can access your transcripts or at least be familiar with the courses you have taken and your current GPA.
- Visit the UF Online events webpage to sign up for an upcoming webinar. The UF Online Admissions team hosts monthly Finish@UF virtual information sessions.
- Contact our office directly at 1-855-994-2867 or by email to connect with an Admissions Officer today. We are open Monday – Thursday from 8am – 7pm EST and on Fridays from 8am – 5pm EST.
We look forward to helping you achieve your academic goals!
|Semester||Application Deadline||File Completion Deadline||Classes Start|
|Fall 2022||May 2, 2022||June 1, 2022||August 24, 2022|
|Spring 2023||August 29, 2022||September 26, 2022||January 9, 2023|
|Summer 2023||January 30, 2023||February 27, 2023||May 15, 2023|
Final decisions are rendered on a rolling basis.
Your UF Online application and application fee are valid for one academic year. If you apply for one term and your timeline changes, we can easily roll your application to a future term. To learn more about the admissions process, click here.
Note: The deadlines above are for students planning to enroll in one of the fully-online degrees offered through UF Online. If you are looking for the application deadlines for UF's face-to-face programs, visit the UF Office of Admissions website.