A Degree of Distinction
Reputation matters. Enhance your personal brand with a degree from a top-ranked and accredited institution so you can stand out among the outstanding. UF Online offers affordable, flexible, high quality programs that can help launch careers. But don’t take our word for it, here is what others are saying about us:
U.S. News & World Report 2021 Rankings
Best Online Bachelor’s Program
Best Online Bachelor’s Program for Veterans
Best Online Bachelor’s Program in Business
Best Online Bachelor’s Program in Psychology
Additional 2021 Rankings
Best Online College
Online degree program for 10-year ROI
Best Online Bachelor’s
In Emergency Management Programs
University of Florida 2021 Rankings
- Ranked #6 among public universities by U.S. News & World Report.
- Best Colleges Niche
- #1 Best College Athletics in America
- #3 Best Colleges for Agricultural Sciences in America
- #5 Best Colleges for Student Athletes in America
- #5 Best Colleges for Sports Management in America
- #9 Best Colleges for Communications in America
As you embark upon your academic journey it is important to make sure you attend an institution that is properly accredited. Not all educational offerings are created equal and accreditation is the first sign that the school you have selected meets certain standards of quality, rigor and continuous improvement in its programs. Additionally, accreditation is extremely important when it comes to:
- Financial Aid – To be eligible for any federal financial aid program you must attend an accredited school or program.
- Transferring Credits and Graduate Education – Not only is accreditation important when it comes to transferring credits or pursuing graduate education, but the institutional accreditor is important as well.
- Career Progression – Many employers take into consideration whether or not you earned your degree from an accredited institution. More importantly, credits or degrees for many professional licensures are required to be from accredited institutions.
The University of Florida is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC), one of the seven most widely accepted institutional accredited bodies in the U.S. Accreditation from SACSCOC provides assurance of the quality and integrity of UF’s academic programs. Additionally, it provides guidance for UF, and the other schools it accredits, on paths for continuous improvement. SACSCOC accreditation not only ensures an institution has an appropriate mission and goals, but also has the resources to meet its goals and is assessing progress and outcomes toward its goals.
It is important to note that accreditation from entities like SACSCOC is not a one-time instance. Institutions are required to go through periodic reviews to maintain the designation.
College and Program Accreditation
Going above and beyond is a way of life at UF, which is why many colleges and departments have taken the extra step of earning accreditation for their specific programs. This additional level of accreditation is completely voluntary and particularly important for certain career pursuits. For example, according to the Council on Education for Public Health (CEPH) , many public health positions require jobs be filled by individuals with degrees from CEPH accredited schools. The following UF Online majors have additional college and/or program accreditation:
- Business – The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB) is the international standard for business schools and all of the programs in the Warrington College of Business (undergraduate through doctorate) have met the standards for this rigorous and prestigious designation. This is an extra assurance for business majors that their UF Online degree is preparing them to stand out and succeed in today’s competitive business climate.
- Communication Sciences and Disorders – All programs in our College of Professional Health and Health Professions (PHHP) are accredited by the Council on Education for Public Health (CEPH) . In addition to certain jobs requiring a degree from a CEPH program, there are many fellowships with the same requirement. Additionally, the National Board of Public Health Examiners, the body for the national credentialing exam for individuals who possess a graduate-level degree in public health, offers the exam only to graduates of accredited programs and schools.
- Fire and Emergency Services (FES) – The M.E. Rinker, Sr. School of Construction Management at UF is accredited by the American Council for Construction Education (ACCE) . The ACCE accreditation is designed to assure students they will receive better preparation for their careers, help employers identify quality workers, and raise the caliber of the profession. The online Bachelor of Science in Fire & Emergency Services program housed within the M.E. Rinker, Sr. School of Construction Management also maintains accreditation by the International Fire Service Accreditation Congress (IFSAC).
- Public Relations & Media Production, Management, and Technology – The College of Journalism and Communications (CJC) has met all 9 program standards set forth by the Accrediting Council on Education in Journalism and Mass Communications (ACEJMC) to receive this prestigious designation. Diversity, curriculum, faculty quality, student resources and public service are a few of the areas examined by ACEJMC before granting its accreditation. More than 450 colleges and universities offer degrees and formal programs in this field and more than 1,000 institutions offer training in these fields also, and the UF CJC is one of only 118 programs to receive accreditation from ACEJMC.
- Nursing – All undergraduate programs in the UF School of Nursing, including the online RN to BSN program are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE) . Programs that receive this accreditation have shown quality and excellence in four areas – mission & governance, institutional commitment, curriculum and effectiveness.