What are the admissions requirements for this major?
Freshmen & Lower Division Transfer Applicants
At this time, UF Online is only able to accept students who have an active, unencumbered
Florida RN license or enhanced licensure through the Nurse Licensure Compact (eNLC). Please
note that admissions to this program is offered every Spring only. For full details, read about our application process below.
Upper Division & Second Bachelor's Transfer Applicants
Upper division transfer applicants (students with 60 or more college credits earned) and Second Bachelor's degree seeking applicants are required to have:
- An associate's degree in nursing from an accredited program*
- A GPA of 2.8 or higher in all nursing (NUR) coursework from the ASN awarding program
- Active, unencumbered Florida RN license or enhanced licensure through the Nurse Licensure Compact (eNLC) by January 5th.
- Proof of enrollment in and/or completion of the following required prerequisite courses, (all with an earned grade of C or higher):
- A three credit Psychology, Social Psychology, or Sociology course
- A three credit Biology, Chemistry, or Physics course (in addition to the other course requirements)
- Anatomy & Physiology One: 4 Credits (including a lab component)
- Anatomy & Physiology Two: 4 Credits (including a lab component)
- Microbiology: 4 Credits (including a lab component)
- Statistics: 3 Credits
- Human Growth and Development OR Developmental Psychology: 3 Credits
- Human Nutrition: 3 Credits
- All prerequisite courses must be completed with a grade of C or better.
- Unsuccessful attempts in prerequisite courses may lower competitiveness.
- Unsuccessful attempts in additional courses in the desired major may lower competitiveness.
- Out of state courses used to meet prerequisites may need to be evaluated by the appropriate department upon admission.
**In order to be eligible for the RN to BSN program, applicants must have completed an AS degree from an NLNAC or ACEN accredited program.
To complete the BSN, students must meet all State of Florida General Education course requirements. Students admitted to the RN to BSN program without an AA degree or who do not meet UF Transfer Admissions Requirements must complete General Education Courses in addition to College of Nursing RN to BSN program coursework. At the conclusion of all education requirements, students will be awarded a Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) degree by the University of Florida.
Are there any clinical requirements for this degree?
The RN to BSN curriculum requires students to satisfy a total of 90 clinical hours. In the first semester, NUR 3066C: Health Assessment, 45 hours will be obtained through virtual simulation. In the fourth semester, NUR 4636C: Population Health, 45 hours are obtained through independent clinical experience. Students must choose a zip code within proximity of their current location, travel throughout the semester to the zip code, and complete a clinical project from their informal observations of the community.
What is the application process?
Admissions to UF Online’s RN to BSN program is offered every spring.
The application process for the RN to BSN track is as follows:
- Step 1: Submit the UF Online Application by the Spring Application Deadline.
- Step 2: Send official transcripts from all colleges/universities attended and any necessary
test scores to the University of Florida. Please refer to the How to Apply webpage for more
- Step 3: Submit digital documents on your application status page.
- Complete the RN to BSN Supplemental Application including:
- Upload a CV or resume
- Upload a Statement of Goals
Note: All documents required for Step 2 and 3 must be received by the University of Florida by
the Spring File Completion Deadline.
Important Notification: All admitted UF Online RN to BSN students, regardless of campus status, are required to complete a background check, mandatory immunization verification (Measles, Mumps, Rubella, Hepatitis B, Varicella, Influenza, Tetanus, Tuberculosis), finger printing and drug screening. The fees associated with these requirements are $195. Additionally, all students will be required to provide proof of current health insurance. Upon admission into the program, students will be provided with the steps to complete this process.
WHY CHOOSE UF ONLINE?
At the University of Florida, our passion goes beyond our walls — and so do our opportunities.
The UF Online RN to BSN degree program provides a flexible, affordable, and practical pathway for licensed
registered nurses in Florida to earn an advanced degree in the nursing field, taking their
degrees to the next level. This fully online curriculum will provide you with the analytical
and information-management skills to go further in your endeavors. With an elite UF degree, you will have the credentials to become an even greater leader
in your field — delivering high-quality care to those who need it most.
Designed for students whose commitments make traditional campus attendance impractical, our
online program stands at the forefront, providing flexible academic options with the same elite
faculty and rigor that makes us a leading university and top research institution. We connect
people with opportunities, remove barriers, and set the standard for online higher education.
UF Online graduates earn the same elite degree they would receive on campus, and they will be
at the top of the list for the best employers in the country.
* According to HRSA’s 2013 report
The U.S. Nursing Workforce: Trends in Supply and Education