UF classes are suspended through Wednesday, September 13, including UF Online. To stay updated on all alerts, campus closings, shelters and other information the official site for university hurricane updates is the UF home page.
More resources that you can use to prepare you and your loved ones:
- Alachua County has numerous shelters if you are living in/near Gainesville and want to seek shelter in those locations.
- Florida’s State Emergency Response Team (SERT) has a very useful site where you can get a ton of into. You can also input your address/location and find out about evacuation zones and more
- Download the UF Gator Safe app. It can be found in the Google Play and Apple App stores. All UF alerts and other safety information are posted here along with UF public safety resources.
- In stressful times like this it is important to connect with others and that is what the UF Online Student Plaza is intended for, so please keep that in mind. You can always reach out to fellow students, share you stories, or just start a conversation.
- UF Online students may also wish to contact UF’s U Matter we care resources if you are in distress. Call 352-294-CARE.
- Please plan to NOT rely on cell phones given that cell networks may crash across the state as they did in Texas. The best prep is an old-school FM/AM radio to remain connected in the event cell service goes out.
We encourage you to do what is best for you and your families and follow the guidance of your local government officials. You can reach the UF Online team always at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will do our best to monitor that mailbox as we all weather the storm right along with you.