UF Online attracts students at various points of their academic journey.
UF Online offers a robust academic experience for those joining or returning to the Gator Nation online. Readmission applies only to students who have previously been enrolled and received a grade in a degree seeking undergraduate, graduate, post-baccalaureate or professional UF program.
Former students who do not enroll at the university for three consecutive terms, including the summer term, must apply for readmission to the same academic level as their previous enrollment. Summer enrollment is treated as one term even though UF has three summer sessions.
Minimum Admissions Requirements for Readmission
The University of Florida seeks diverse students who will be UF’s future community of leaders, learners, and thinkers. Readmission applications are reviewed by the college to which the student applies, and a variety of factors are considered in their decision-making process.
The below requirements apply to all UF Online majors:
- A minimum of a 2.0 cumulative GPA in all college coursework
- A 2.0 GPA or higher from the last institution attended
If you have attended any college or university since you were last enrolled at the University of Florida, you must have a C or higher average (as computed by UF) on all work attempted at each institution. Be aware that grades received at other institutions are not averaged with grades received at UF for the purpose of meeting this university’s grade point average requirements.
Readmission is not guaranteed and is subject to availability at the appropriate college and major. Before submitting your UF Online application, you should contact the college to which you wish to apply to discuss your eligibility for readmissions. Contact information for each college can be found here.
Florida Residency Documentation
- All students submitting a readmissions application are required to have their Florida Residency for tuition purposes evaluated.
Fresh Start Program
Former undergraduate degree-seeking students who have been dismissed from the University of Florida who wish to return to UF after an absence of no fewer than five calendar years (during which they have engaged predominantly in nonacademic activities) may petition for readmission under the Fresh Start Program.
Application Process for Readmissions
The application process is simple and straightforward. It will take about 30 minutes to complete your application. If you need to take a break for any reason, you can save it and return to complete the application later. For ease of completion, be sure to have your previous college information available.
Complete the application -- this includes an essay and résumé section.
- The application will ask you to identify as a previous UF student and you will be asked to indicate the college and the academic level of your last enrollment at UF. When completing your readmissions application, you will need to list all post-secondary institutions you’ve previously attended, including the University of Florida.
- Once you complete all sections of the application, you’ll submit the non-refundable $30 application fee online. Your application and fee must be submitted before the application deadline for the term to which you are applying.
Tip: Your UF Online application (and application fee) is valid for up to one entire academic year. If you apply for one term and your timeline changes, we can easily roll your application to a future term.
Arrange to have all supplemental materials sent to UF. For a readmission applicant that includes:
- Official transcripts from any post-secondary institution you’ve attended since leaving the University of Florida.
- If applicable, test scores or transcripts from any other college level work such as Advanced Placement (AP) tests, CLEP tests, IB, AICE, etc.
For electronic delivery of materials:
- Contact your school or testing agency to see if they can send your official documents electronically. This is the fastest delivery method. We accept electronic transcripts from Parchment, National Student Clearinghouse, Credential Solutions, and Escrip-safe. Please note that emailed or faxed documents are not considered official. You should select the University of Florida as the recipient during the ordering process. When you order these documents, save any records you receive for future reference.
If you cannot send electronic transcripts or test scores, send physical copies to:
University of Florida Office of Admissions
201 Criser Hall
PO Box 114000
Gainesville, FL 32611-4000
All required materials must be received in our office no later than the File Completion Deadline.
Return to the Gator Nation – Apply Now!
Not a readmission applicant? Let’s get you to right spot.
- If you have 0-11 transferable college credits, you are a Freshman applicant.
- If you have 12-59 transferable credits, you are a Lower Division Transfer applicant.
- If you have 60 or more transferable credits, this includes Associate of Arts (AA) degree holders, you are an Upper Division Transfer applicant.
- If you already have a bachelor’s degree, you are Second Bachelor’s degree seeking applicant.