Read the latest UF Online Annual Report to discover what UF Online accomplished in 2021-2022 and our plans for the future!
Since its inception in 2014, UF Online has upheld its commitment to enhancing the online student experience for modern learners. Through our dedication to student success and innovative practices, UF Online was ranked the #1 online bachelor’s degree program in the nation by the U.S. News & World Report 2022. UF Online further increased offerings and student access through the launch of Gator Pathways, advancing us toward our core goals outlined in our 2019-2024 business plan.
Below are some of UF Online’s key highlights and achievements for the 2021-2022 academic year. Please view the full report for further details about our progress and future goals.
UF Online Gains National Recognition, Rising to #1 in the Nation
- A fantastic moment for UF Online during the 2021-2022 academic year was recognition from the U.S. News & World Report, placing the University of Florida at the top spot in the nation. UF Online earned the #1 ranking in 2022 across all online bachelor’s degree programs in the United States. The U.S. News & World Report also recognized UF Online as the #2 online bachelor’s program nationwide for veterans.
- The University of Florida also maintained its leadership role as the #5 public university in the nation, per U.S. News & World Report.
- Finally, U.S. News & World Report recognized select majors within UF Online offerings. Namely, the UF College of Liberal Arts and Sciences Psychology Department has earned the #2 spot in the nation with its psychology bachelor’s degree via UF Online, and the UF Warrington College of Business earned the #2 ranking nationwide among all online bachelor’s degree programs in Business Administration.
Delivering a Remarkable Online Student Experience
- Academic Advisors are professionals of distinction, working with each UF Online student every step through graduation. UF Online made considerable investments in our unique Academic Advising model this year, hiring more full-time advisors dedicated to every UF Online student as part of our rapidly expanding, personal, and assigned advising model. Therefore, Academic Advising investments rose 90%, and UF Online lowered the student-to-advisor ratio to 165:1.
Launch of Gator Pathways: Providing Pathways to a Degree at Any Life Stage
- UF Online is proud to continually lower unnecessary barriers to enrollment and graduation for Gators of all ages and life stages. UF Online launched two new academic pathways to our 25 bachelor’s degree programs in the 2021-2022 academic year.
- To welcome students ready for UF but still need a pre-requisite or two, UF Online launched the UF Online Ready program. In its first year, UF Online Ready opened doors to almost 100 new Gators, offering an option for them to “get ready” right here with us and take their required prerequisites as the first stage of their UF Online journey.
- UF Online also launched Gator Pathways, including its own Gator Pathways College Network, in concert with three State Colleges in Florida, Seminole State College, Santa Fe College, and College of Central Florida. With the launch of Gator Pathways, UF Online takes the guesswork and confusion out of admissions and transfer pathways to UF. Now with its college network, UF Online can welcome transfers, refer students to the network, and better meet students where they are to get them on the path toward their UF bachelor’s degree with support each step of the way. Gator Pathways now provides a consolidated hub of opportunities for Gators to earn their UF bachelor’s degrees via the right pathway for them, including:
- Academic On-ramps
- Guided Transfer Pathway Service
- Employer and Association Partnerships
UF Online Joins Amazon Career Choice
- UF Online brought all partnership management in-house with the launch of Gator Pathways and our College Consortia in the fall of 2021. In early 2022, UF Online joined Amazon Career Choice, bringing to bear the Gator Pathways hub of opportunities and college network for Amazon workers in Florida, Georgia, and Alabama. UF Online’s work to reduce barriers to a UF bachelor’s degree is propelled even further by the leadership of top employers that invest in the educational pursuits of their employees at the University of Florida.
Finally, and best of all, UF Online is proud to celebrate the results that matter the most. In the 2021-2022 academic year, UF Online celebrates the graduation of over 4,000 UF graduates via UF Online. Furthermore, our graduates depart UF with the lowest debt since UF Online began. In 2021-2022, only 37% of new UF Online graduates had student loans, and the average balance for those who borrowed was $16,925. The most recent national student debt average, according to The Institute for College Access and Success, was $28,950 in 2019.