UF Online attracts students at various points of their academic journey.
UF Online offers a robust academic experience for those joining the Gator Nation online. Your applicant type is based off the number of transferable college credits you will have earned prior to your intended first term in our program.
UF Online welcomes applicants who have started their college education but have not completed their degree. Prospective students who have earned 60 or more transferable college credits after high school graduation, this includes Associate of Arts (AA) degree holders, are upper division transfer applicants. Learn more about the upper division admissions requirements and application process below.
Minimum Admission Requirements for Upper Division Transfer
The University of Florida seeks diverse students who will be UF’s future community of leaders, learners, and thinkers. Many UF Online students enter the program with an earned AA degree or 60 or more transferable college credits. Admitted upper division transfer applicants typically begin major coursework in their first term.
Have an AA degree from a state college in Florida? Then learn more about Finish@UF, a program that offers an accelerated pathway to joining the Gator Nation through UF Online.
If you currently have or are in the process of obtaining an Associates of Science (AS) or an Associates of Applied Science (AAS) degrees, any courses that are remedial, technical, vocational or doctrinal in nature are not transferable to an undergraduate degree. Please visit our Transfer Credit page for additional information.
Additional information for International students can be found here.
- The below requirements apply to all UF Online majors:
- A minimum of a 2.0 cumulative GPA in all college coursework
- A 2.0 GPA or higher from the last institution attended
- In addition to meeting the university requirements, upper division transfer applicants must meet the admissions requirements for their intended UF Online major. Each major has an overall GPA requirement, a list of prerequisite courses, and a minimum prerequisite GPA required for admissions purposes. For details, please check the degrees page for your program of interest.
Tips for submitting an Upper Division Transfer application
Application Process for Upper Division Transfers
The application process is simple and straightforward. It will take about 30 minutes to complete your application. If you need to take a break for any reason, you can save it and return to complete the application later. For ease of completion, be sure to have your high school transcripts and previous college information available.
Complete the application -- this includes an essay section.
- Once you complete all sections of the application, you’ll submit the non-refundable $30 application fee online. Your application and fee must be submitted before the application deadline for the term to which you are applying.
Tip: Your UF Online application (and application fee) is valid for up to one entire academic year. If you apply for one term and your timeline changes, we can easily roll your application to a future term.
Arrange to have all supplemental materials sent to UF. For an upper division transfer applicant that includes:
- Official college transcripts from all schools attended.
- If applicable, scores or transcripts from any other college level work such as Advanced Placement (AP) tests, CLEP tests, IB, AICE, etc.
For electronic delivery of materials:
- Contact your school or testing agency to see if they can send your official documents electronically. This is the fastest delivery method. We accept electronic transcripts from Parchment, National Student Clearinghouse, Credential Solutions, and Escrip-safe. Please note that emailed or faxed documents are not considered official. You should select the University of Florida as the recipient during the ordering process. When you order these documents, save any records you receive for future reference.
If you cannot send electronic transcripts or test scores, send physical copies to:
University of Florida Office of Admissions
201 Criser Hall
PO Box 114000
Gainesville, FL 32611-4000
All required materials must be received in our office no later than the File Completion Deadline.
Download the PDF Checklist for Upper Division Transfer applicants.
Admissions decisions are rendered on a rolling basis, so the sooner you complete your file, the sooner you will get your admissions decision. However, we always prioritize the upcoming term over future terms.
You will receive an email with instructions for creating a login to check your application status within 24-48 hours of submitting your UF Online application. Once you have these login credentials, you can check your application status page at any time for real-time updates on your admissions file. As documents arrive in our office, your application status page will reflect which documents were received and when they were processed. Your application status page will be updated if additional information is required.
You are notified via email when a decision is rendered.
Your Future Starts Today – Apply Now!
Not an Upper Division Transfer Applicant? Let’s get you to right spot.
- If you have 0-11 transferable college credits, you are a Freshman applicant.
- If you have 12-59 transferable credits, you are a Lower Division Transfer applicant.
- If you already have a bachelor’s degree, you are Second Bachelor’s degree seeking applicant.
- If you were previously enrolled in a degree seeking program at the University of Florida, you are a Readmission applicant.