UF Online welcomes students from all over the world. The flexibility of our online program allows students to successfully earn their degree fully online, as the majority of our programs do not require a campus visit.
Students who have completed high school or college coursework from non-US institutions will be evaluated in the UF Online admissions process as international applicants. If you are a US student who has taken international coursework, we also will require you to complete the following steps.
Minimum Admissions Requirement*
If you are a freshman international applicant, you must meet all of the UF freshman minimum admissions requirements.
If you are a transfer international applicant, you must meet all of the transfer minimum admissions requirements.
International Students Virtual Information Session
Tuesday, Dec 10th @ 12:00 pm
All international applicants must demonstrate proficiency in spoken and written English and accepts the results of the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or the International English Language Testing System (IELTS). Proficiency in the English language is required of freshman and transfer applicants from countries, including Puerto Rico, where English is not the official language.
Minimum scores requirements are as follows:
- TOEFL: (Institution Code is 5812)
- Paper-Based: 550
- Internet-Based: 80
- Please note: The TOEFL ITP is not accepted for admission purposes.
- IELTS: 6
Exemptions: International students are exempt from the English proficiency requirement if enrolled for one academic year in a degree-seeking program at a recognized/regionally accredited university or college in a country where English is the official language prior to your anticipated term of enrollment at UF, or if you are from one of the following countries:
Antigua and Barbuda, Australia, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Bermuda, Botswana, British Virgin Islands, Canada (except Quebec), Cayman Islands, Cyprus, Dominica, Fiji, Gambia, Ghana, Grenada, Guyana, Ireland, Jamaica, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Malawi, Malta, Mauritius, Montserrat, Namibia, New Zealand, Nigeria, Pakistan, Philippines, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Singapore, South Africa, Sri Lanka, St. Kitts and Nevis, St. Lucia, St. Vincent and the Grenadines, Swaziland, Tanzania, Trinidad and Tobago, Turks and Caicos Islands, Uganda, United Kingdom, Virgin Islands, Zimbabwe.
UF requires academic credentials from every secondary and college or university attended. International transcripts have additional requirements that must be followed for each international institution. This process can be very time intensive, so it is recommended starting this process as soon as possible. (Even before submitting your application)
- Official native-language transcripts.
- Official literal (exact) translation of transcripts to English (if applicable).
- A course-by-course evaluation with grade point average calculation.
Companies offering these evaluation services include:
- Academic Evaluation Services
- Educational Credential Evaluators
- Josef Silny & Associates Inc
Please use the Josef Silny & Associates Credential Evaluation Application designed for University of Florida applicants.
UF also recommends any member of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services.
All international documentation is reviewed by the International Admissions Office as well as the UF Online Admissions Office. This process takes longer than normal and the review process will not begin until all required documentation has been submitted.
- Please note that we cannot accept email or faxed copies of documentation from an applicant. Only documentation sealed by the issuing institution or evaluation agency can be accepted as official by the Office of Admissions.
- If you are an international student currently living abroad and wish to participate in a UF Online program, UF is unable to provide documents for F-1 or J-1 Visa application as you will not take physical classes in the US. If you are an international student currently studying in the US on a visa status other than F-1 or J-1, you may be allowed to participate in a UF Online program incidental to the requirements of your primary visa status.