UF Online welcomes students from all over the world. The flexibility of our online program allows students to successfully earn their degree fully online, as the majority of our programs do not require a campus visit.
Students who have completed high school or college coursework from non-US institutions will be evaluated in the UF Online admissions process as international applicants. If you are a US student who has taken international coursework, we also will require you to complete the following steps.
Minimum Admissions Requirement*
Freshman international applicants must meet all UF Online freshman admissions requirements.
Lower division transfer international applicants must meet all UF Online lower division transfer admissions requirements.
Upper division transfer international applicants must meet all UF Online upper division transfer admissions requirements.
Second bachelor’s degree seeking international applicants must meet all UF Online second bachelor’s degree seeking admissions requirements.
International Students Virtual Information Session
Monday, Dec 12th @ 12:00 pm
All applicants, regardless of citizenship, must demonstrate academic English proficiency in spoken and written forms. Proficiency can be shown in one of the following two ways:
- Coursework completed in the United States or a country where English is the language of instruction
More information about each option is below.
CourseworkApplicants will demonstrate for English proficiency if one of the following conditions are met:
- Completed one full time academic year in a high school program or a degree-seeking program at a college/university where English is the language of instruction. The institution must be recognized/regionally accredited in the United States or deemed equivalent as part of the credential evaluation.
- Holds an earned equivalent of an associate degree (or higher) from a college or university where English is the language of instruction. The institution must be recognized/regionally accredited in the United States or deemed equivalent as part of the transcript evaluation.
If neither of these conditions are met, proficiency by examination is required.
- An English proficiency examination score for the TOEFL or IELTS will be required for admissions if the student does not meet the criteria outlined in the “Coursework” section above.
- Note: The TOEFL or IELTS testing requirement may be waived for eligible applicants who provide official SAT or ACT scores taken within 5 years of their first intended term of enrollment with UF Online. Please contact the UF Online OneStop to inquire for details.
English language score reports are valid for two years from the date of testing and must be reported electronically to the University of Florida. UF’s TOEFL school code is 5812.
- Countries exempt from English Proficiency
Antigua and Barbuda Australia Bahamas Barbados Belize Bermuda Botswana British Virgin Islands Canada (except Quebec) Cayman Islands Cyprus Dominica Fiji Gambia Ghana Grenada Guyana Ireland Jamaica Kenya Lesotho Liberia Malawi Malta Mauritius Montserrat Namibia New Zealand Nigeria Pakistan Philippines Seychelles Sierra Leone Singapore South Africa Sri Lanka St. Kitts and Nevis St. Lucia St. Vincent and the Grenadines Swaziland Tanzania Trinidad and Tobago Turks and Caicos Islands Uganda United Kingdom Virgin Islands Zimbabwe
UF Online requires academic credentials from every secondary and college or university attended. International transcripts have additional requirements that must be followed for each international institution. This process can be very time intensive, so it is recommended starting this process as soon as possible (even before submitting your application). Credential evaluations must be completed by a current member of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services. Translations must be completed by a current NACES or American Translators Association member.
- Official native-language transcripts.
- Official literal (exact) translation of transcripts to English (if applicable).
- A course-by-course evaluation with grade point average calculation.
Companies offering these evaluation services include:
- Academic Evaluation Services
- Educational Credential Evaluators
- Josef Silny & Associates Inc
Please use the Josef Silny & Associates Credential Evaluation Application designed for University of Florida applicants.
- A full directory of all NACES members can be found on their website.
All international documentation is reviewed by the International Admissions Office as well as the UF Online Admissions Office. This process takes longer than normal and the review process will not begin until all required documentation has been submitted.
- All academic credentials become property of the university. They will not be returned to you or forwarded to a third party. For diplomas and academic credentials that are only issued once, send an attested or certified copy of the original.
- Please note that we cannot accept emailed or faxed copies of documentation from an applicant or institution. Mailed documentation must be sealed by the issuing institution or evaluation agency to be accepted as official by the Office of Admissions. We also accept electronic transcripts via the following services as official: FASTER, Parchment, National Student Clearing House, ScribbleSoft, e-Scrip Safe, Credential Solutions, SCOIR or Transcripts Plus.
- If you are an international student currently living abroad and wish to participate in a UF Online program, UF is unable to provide documents for F-1 or J-1 Visa application as you will not take physical classes in the US. If you are an international student currently studying in the US on a visa status other than F-1 or J-1, you may be allowed to participate in a UF Online program incidental to the requirements of your primary visa status.