In addition to specific degree requirements, here are general degree requirements you’ll want to take into account in order to graduate.
36 credits of courses in the following areas:
- 3 credits of Composition (C)
- 6 credits of Humanities (H)
- 6 credits of Mathematics (M)
- 12 credits of Physical and Biological Sciences (P) and (B)
- 9 credits of Social and Behavioral Sciences (S)
In addition, Diversity and International credits are required; they can be earned at the same time as the areas listed above (e.g., a course may count towards H credits and D credits, but not towards H credits and S credits).
- 3 credits of Diversity (D)
- 3 credits of International (N)
Writing and Math
The University of Florida requires all students to complete a writing and math requirement.
Each college may require students to take additional general education-type courses, electives, outside field courses, or foreign language courses. These additional requirements vary by college.
Major course work includes a minimum of 30 credits as specified by the department.