UF Online is ready to welcome a talented and passionate group of new Gators into the PaCE program!
Launched in spring 2015, Pathway to Campus Enrollment (PaCE) provides freshmen with the opportunity to start their UF degree online and then transition to campus in order to complete an undergraduate degree. Our campus has limited physical space to accommodate the many qualified students who desire a UF education. Like its name suggests, students are able to proceed at their own PaCE, on their own schedule and from wherever they wish to study, and provides some distinct benefits through the UF Online format.
Flexibility of PaCE Experience
As students in UF Online, PaCE freshmen have a greater ability to design their college experience, because they are enrolled in online classes. Students have the option of moving to Gainesville if they want to immerse themselves in the Gator Nation, or they can stay in their hometown (or anywhere else in the world for that matter) and complete the needed 60 credit hours and other requirements to transfer to the UF campus.
Cost Savings in UF Online
PaCE students also have the benefit of the reduced tuition and fees of UF Online. Florida residents in UF Online receive a 25 percent reduction in tuition. Additionally, to make their UF degree as affordable as possible, UF Online students are not required to pay the majority of student fees.
On Campus Experience Option
While PaCE students take all of their classes online (prior to their campus transition) and do not have to pay certain fees, those who want a robust campus experience can move to Gainesville and participate in a variety of student activities and programs by opting into the Optional User Fee Package. By opting into this package, PaCE students have all of the same privileges of residential students, with the exception of attending live lectures (all classes are online) and living in on-campus housing. The UF Off Campus Life office is available to assist PaCE student needs.
There are a variety of resources to help students and parents learn more about the PaCE program. Here are links to some of those resources:
- General PaCE program information
- Frequently Asked Questions about PaCE
- Optional User Fee Package
- More than 60 majors are part of the PaCE program
- PaCE Advisors & Contacts
- Several colleges provide PaCE specific information on their websites:
- PaCE Housing Information – Off Campus and Florida PrePaid
As students go through the acceptance process, here are some dates to keep in mind:
- PaCE Preview (orientation) Information Available:
- Financial Aid Information Available:
- Signed PaCE Contract and $200 Tuition Deposit Deadline:
- Final High School and College Transcripts Deadline:
For more information
Additionally, parents and students can reach out to UF staff directly or participate in online and live events:
- Admissions questions can be emailed to email@example.com or call 352-392-1365.
- UF Online and academic questions can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Online Chats & Webinar
New Student and Family Programs is hosting online chats and a webinar. For details on how to sign up for these events or to obtain answers to student-life questions, please contact the Dean of Students Office at email@example.com or (352) 392-8396
- Wed, Feb 15, 3:00 ‐ 5:00 p.m.
- Thur, Feb 23, 4:00 ‐ 6:00 p.m.
- Mon, Feb 27, 6:00 ‐ 8:00 p.m.
- Thur, Mar 2, 4:00 ‐ 6:00 p.m.
- Wed, Mar 8, 3:00 ‐ 5:00 p.m.
- Tues, Mar 14, 2:00 ‐ 4:00 p.m.
Optional Fee Package Webinar
- Wed, Mar 22, 5:00 p.m. ‐ Register
UF Florida Days
Students and parents are welcome to visit campus during the UF Florida Days event. This program offers multiple sessions and provides an opportunity to meet faculty, staff and current students. Invitations to this are emailed directly to students, and registration is required. These events fill up, so we encourage you to register early. Here is the schedule:
- Mon, March 13
- Mon, March 27
- Mon, April 10
- Fri, April 14
- Mon, April 17
Once again, welcome to UF Online. We look forward to being part of your academic journey. Please do not hesitate to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.